Monday, February 15, 2010

Our At Home Valentine's Day Date

My man’s a yankee, bless his heart, so I started the evening with a beefy homemade stew and some oooh sooo sweet southern cornbread….he never had a chance. Hopefully he didn’t want one.

We then moved on to a feel good romantic comedy. At this point I was just wanting the kids in bed and to show off what I had spend a better part of the afternoon working on. At
www.pandora.com I created a romantic radio station and was anxious to see if I nailed it. I did.

Overall I feel that the date was something that we will definite do again. My husband scored it “a solid 10”. I was thinking of a scoring system that rated the dates between 1 and 5 so I guess this was exceptional. I do feel like the added time to create a romantic station was a nice touch and next time I may look for a few massage tips online. If I’m going to take the time to do something…I like to at least try to do it well.

The cost of the date was low. We already had massage oil and rented a redbox movie (that’s a kiosk where the movies rent for $1 for one night) and I had to cook dinner anyway…so. We didn’t even need the chocolate or something interesting to drink. Although, we may include that next time to mix it up a little.

The best part was the Mr. Wonderful was so into it all. He seemed more than eager to commit to a night a week and do whatever it took to prioritize that. I liked that.
A very good Valentine’s Day indeed…

No comments:

Post a Comment